Assemblage Peer Mentoring Programme Open Call August - October 2017
Assemblage’s popular Peer Mentoring programme is back!
Assemblage has been running its Peer Mentorship programme successfully since 2010 and has seen hundreds of participating artists grow, connect and collaborate. The programme provides groups of working artists and art professionals with a platform to get together to discuss, critique and advise on one another's work and concepts. We invite artists to apply for the programme running Sept - Dec 2016. This is how it works and what it entails:
- The programme consists of a 10 week cycle, with one session every 2 weeks running on a Saturday morning (ie. 4 sessions in total). Dates are listed below.
- There will be a fee of R500 per mentee for the 10 week programme.
- There will be 3 groups with 1 mentor per group and 5 mentees per group.
- The programme will consist of an Introductory/Social/Art event and first session (session 1), followed by 2 sessions (sessions 2,3), ending with an exhibition where mentees can showcase their work to their group and the public (session 4)
- This final session/exhibition will be exhibited in the Assemblage project space for minimum a week, which will give exposure to the mentees.
- Artists interested in participating should be serious about pursuing a career as an artist; demonstrate technical skill; have a conceptual or critical understanding of their work; and want to situate themselves in the contemporary art market.
- Mentees are expected to commit to all 5 sessions over the 10 week period, Each session runs for 3 to 4 hours:
- Sat 12 Aug
- Sat 2 Sept
- Sat 16 Sept
- Sat 7 Oct - Exhibition Showcase Event
To apply artists need to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2017
- Artist Biography (max 200 words)
- CV, including 2 references
- Artist Statement - tell us about your work in general (max 200 words)
- Motivation for why you would like to attend and what you would like to achieve during the 10 week programme
- 5 images of your work (files should not exceed 3mb each)
The top 15 applicants will be included in the programme.
Mentors to be annouced soon!